Maruti YRA can’t dethrone Hyundai i20 soon – FACTS!

Maruti YRA can’t dethrone Hyundai i20 soon – FACTS!

Maruti Suzuki is all set to pick up a fight with the popular & premium B2 segment hatchback, the Hyundai Elite i20.
Maruti will introduce the YRA hatchback in the Indian market soon, and the model is currently in the final stages of testing.
What’s interesting is that the brand has set a target of manufacturing 80,000 units in the first year. But out of this 80,000; 60% of the produce will be for exports & only the remaining 40% would be sold in India. This means that in the 1st year after launch, Maruti Suzuki would have the capacity of delivering only 3,000 units / month of the YRA. The Hyundai Elite i20 on the other hand is happily clocking around 10,000 unit sales month-on-month.
Is Maruti Suzuki playing conservative & testing waters before flooding their warehouse with the new YRA? Seems like it.
Production capacity for the YRA would be increased in the second year.
Looks like the Hyundai Elite i20 is all set to continue with its segment domination even after new competition such as the Honda Jazz & Maruti Suzuki YRA arrive.

Post a comment

0 Comments